Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ixsir - a puzzling switch to Arabic.

I am one of those who, at the onset of their communication strategy, was positively in love with Ixsir - the rest of their positioning, whereas not totally off-track left me a bit puzzled. Still, so far things were still fine, except that this new ad left me scratching my head (and not from dandruff). Suddenly the talk switched to Arabic. I am not a snob, and as much as anyone can appreciate good Arabic copy (for which I was known in the market). But... Why? Why is suddenly the positioning changed to Arabic, and who is it addressed to (a different target audience than before?). Mind you, I have nothing against the layout or the typo which thankfully does not revert to the "chateau whatever" ads which are indistinguishable from one another.
But. Again, why? What changed in the meantime?
Post a Comment