Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pierre Hachach: The underdog

OK, so I admit it, I hadn't heard of Pierre Hachach yet... I had heard one of his songs (He is a rap artist) but did not know it was his. From what I understood, and I stand to be corrected, Hachach keeps running for elections knowing that he is going to lose - but still keeps doing it to prove a point. Currently, he is running for the Maronite seat in Tripoli. His advertising line is truly humourous "He who resembles us, let him come visit us" - and the campaign shows Hachach in many situations that the everyday Lebanese does - from eating a sandwich in a streetside koint to taking a bus, or getting a cup of coffee or using the pay phone. Acts that no politician would be caught dead doing.

2 comments:

xqwzts said...

Is this the same Pierre Hachach who had the single best billboard in the history of billboards [last election]?


[quick google images search brought this hit... not sure if theres a clearer pic out there]

Joe said...

hahaha... I met Pierre Heshesh from the last elections. He had a billboard with the sign:"Pierre Heshesh, Neyib el Akhdar wil Yebiss". These are great work for these Elections.