Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Rectangle Jaune goes on a bigger splash

It has been brought to my attention today that the new Rectangle Jaune catalog is based on the work of David Hockney they man who epitomized California cool (all while coming from damp Britain). I know in the past I was not too kind to Rectangle Jaune what's with using Oscar Wilde (an admittedly homosexual man to promote clothing for the family-oriented customer) and - horror of all horrors - their usually knowledgeable creative director Maya Metni did not know that the Hockney passed by Beirut and produced some incredible gems.
The funny banter on twitter between "concerned parties" led Rectangle Jaune to offer me my favorite piece of the new summer collection - the "Byblos Yachting Club" polo in white (I say this because I believe in the policy of full disclosures between brands and bloggers).  

No comments: