Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh lord won't you buy me a.... Mercedes Benz!

"Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz"... Or so sang Janis Joplin (for the version of Deborah Phares in Arabic - penned by moi - please go here) and now we get this full blown ad for the new building of the brand courtesy of TGF (Toufic Gargour et Fils). The retro font in Arabic is being used everywhere and by everyone, but it could be justified in this instance (I doubt this is an original plate taken from the archives of TGF) but the whole mood functions (notice I cut the ad in half to elminate the new C class) keeping just the cool part.
The bummer? Well, Joplin continues "All my friends drive Porsches and I must make amends." You paid for the building by the way (just look at number of the Mercedes cars on the road), so enjoy whatever it will be!

No comments: