Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beirut (spring) and Beirut (NTSC) agree!


Just in case you missed the exchange:
___________________________________________________________________________________
Write This on your Hand and Read it 3 Times Each Day You Wake Up


Posted on April 25, 2012 by Mustapha

Tarek Chemaly:

Facebook and Twitter users, alongside bloggers and graffiti artists are influential but not that influential and we should know where our sphere of influence stops.

Wonderful things can happen when we completely understand this..
___________________________________________________________________________________
One Response to Write This on your Hand and Read it 3 Times Each Day You Wake Up


Tarek says:

April 25, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I think we credit ourselves too much for what we are doing, in the end for the average person on the street, blogging doesn’t exist, graffiti is “some guys scribbling on the wall”, facebook and twitter are for “ta2 el 7anak”… So whereas I am not a defeastist – otherwise I would not be doing what I am doing – I also know that we have limited sphere of influence (including preaching the converts as they say – meaning the people who already subscribe to our opinions are the ones who gravitate towards our sites).

And well, since I understand this completely, wonderful things have happened to me!

No comments: