Thursday, December 15, 2011

UNHATE - Benetton goes local!


Someone, and I wish I could know who that someone is, spoofed the Benetton UNHATE campaign with a local flavor, making Saad Hariri (head of the Future Movement, ex PM) and arch-rival Hassan Nasrallah (at the helm of the Hizbullah) and (in the second adaptation) Samir Geagea (head of the executive committee of the Lebanese Forces) and General Michel Aoun (competing Christain Maronite leader and head of the Free Patriotic Movement) doing the "unhate" posture.
The person who did these spoofs commends my highest esteem. And if anyone knows who that person is, please let me know!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was Now Lebanon, I believe.

Anonymous said...

Remember what happened the last time someone mocked (actually just ) Nasrallah?
If I were you I'd take these pictures down.

Tarek Chemaly said...

So you mean to tell me that Hariri, Aoun and Geagea have less zealots out there trying to protect them than Nasrallah has?... A3ouzou billah!

Mustapha said...

Here's what happened:

http://beirutspring.com/blog/2011/11/18/now-lebanon-kills-blog-post-showing-lebanese-leaders-kissing/

Mustapha said...

Grr, that was supposed to be a link. Click here to see the story..

Tarek Chemaly said...

Mustapha, thanks for your concern, and I do understand your point of view. I think self-censorship hurts more than outside censorship. So as things stand, and in the spirit in which I do not moderate my comments, I think I am keeping this one on. And - this is a disclosure here - I myself worked with Benetton for 6 years (I was the Lebanese reporter for COLORS magazine) so this is the sort of territory I rather approve of.

Anonymous said...

Plz ma tdi2 bi Aoun. Or I'll throw oranges on you.

Anonymous said...

remove this topic or else .. (jomhoreyet el da7ye)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.