Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer, what's left of it....


Sometimes I wonder why people bother doing "creative" stuff. If I were interested in a new TV, gimmick or no gimmick, I would pay attention to that Samsung ad anyway. But no, they HAD to insert something creative - "the catch of the day" with the price of the TV on the hook and fish inside the TV. Now, considering I am not interested in a new TV.... I am not "hooked".
Well, the Total ad on the other hand, now that's a pleasant surprise - clean breezy layout, manages to convey all the hard-sell elements of the promotion all while remaining creative, the I (heart) NY typo is used cleverly. It might be too cold for this beach bag to be used, but then it is my fault I caught the ad too late. You see, I came by Total "par hasard" (despite their incredible selling line that goes "you will not choose us by chance any longer" - "Vous ne nous choisirez plus par hasard")....

No comments: