Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Could it be I am falling in love? Again?


So finally Exotica seems to be back on track with a smart ad.... This time they dropped the stupid models, and the utterly silly copy. Now it takes guts for a copywriter to abandon copy, but then the award winning ad for BMW Z4 has already set a precedent when the copywriter did nothing but replace his text with exlamation marks... Still, whether this has been an inspiration to Leo Burnett or not, it is a nice change to see a poetic ad in which I think the number of roses is equivalent to saying "I Love You"  and which - damn me - does not have some pointless viral campaign to go along with... But watch out, a one-off does not mean that the future is on a bed of roses (pardon the pun)....

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Fantastic ad! Both of them..I just love it. Helloooo Exotica!