Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fame - this WAS it.

Video Irene Cara - Fame - irene, cara, fame, clipUploaded by TonyG1967. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

Recently, I saw the new version of the movie Fame - at some point I felt upset at myself for not liking it. Because suddenly I became the voice of an older generation, one that says "they don't make them like they used to" and all that. But truly, the movie was a let down in every possible way for me. It didn't help much that I saw "This is it" right after which also reminded me how far down the mark Michael Jackson was (But to quote that critic who said about Elvis Presley's death calling it "a good career move"), which enhanced my bitterness that some things should simply be left alone and that nothing is sacred anymore these days. But to be fair to the movie Fame (the new version), I can only wonder how can anyone, and I mean anyone, compete with the video above?... I guess we are only virgin once, and once it's broken, well, it is broken.

1 comment:

programmer craig said...

Those little shorts the guys are wearing are criminal, though! I can't believe people used to think that looked cool! Almost as bad as leg-warmers :0