Monday, February 1, 2010

Am I missing the target?

Al Hadaf (The target) is a free weekly classified ad magazine that competes with Al Waseet here in Lebanon. They have just launched a huge campaign to promote the fact that the classiad now costs 20,000 LBP. Among the ads in question: "For sale, Parrot, knows Russian and German" or "Chef for restaurant needed, nice voice, ability to sing when needed."
But whereas I am truly impressed by the witty copywriting, I am wondering what the whole campaign says? Does it say: Even the weirdest ad can make it to our print edition? Or are they conveying the message that: No matter how weird the product it will find a seller to match it?
Again, sometimes I feel I am not getting it... or that I am missing the target!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ME TOO! i thought about those 2 explanations just like u, but i still don't get it... -_-