Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008: Space oddity


To start off the new year these two bewilderingly uncomprehensible campaigns: USAID and Aizone... The first as a friend of mine said "is like seeing an ad for Iran". Supposedly, the stunt of advertising USAID should go hand in hand with improving the image of that country... With the Zogbi polls showing how dramtic the image of the US has slumped (Particularly in Arab nations), the effort is laudable but borderline risible!...
As for Aizone, I am still trying to figure out what the campaign "life2.0" stands for - is it a take on secondlife.com? Is it a parody of last year's "I love life"? Is it this or that? I tried to look for a manual of instructions underneath the ad, there was none. Of course, put a Saarinen tulip chair in any ad and the result will come out stylish, fururistic and modernist, so there's no extra points for the wonderful props... Maybe, to understand it, I should go out more often or get a life. Or make that get a life2.0 ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com

I realize that you are home decor-modern design connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our products. Also, it'd be swell if you can place our Tulip chair link on your blog.

Thank you,

Nancy