Sunday, February 18, 2007

I love (the broken hearted) life.


Well, as predicted, everyone rode on the wave of "I love life" it has now become the lowest common denominator in advertising. I love carpets (Iwan Maktabi), I love life in diamonds (Voyageur jewelry), and Daniela Tobler Jeans just HAD to insert the "heart" symbol in its newest campaign. Whereas Rotana got it right by strking while iron was hot, the others were just "me-too"s....
Well, interestingly, on Valatine's day, just when Cupid was too busy being busy I guess, I captured on camera what becomes of the "I love life" campaign... A billboard was torn down and fitttingly enough, it was folded right where the heart is... breaking it just in the middle. Just like those second rate advertisers are doing to our own hearts playing that stupid theme again and again! Have mercy gentlemen....

No comments: