Friday, March 21, 2014

Castania nails it for Mother's day (UPDATE)

Research credit: G.H.

So finally we have a winner for Mother's Day!... Castania one of our local nuts brands has come up with this "b7ebbik min ana w fastouk" (I love you since I was a fastouk - with fastouk meaning "something very small"... but also "festok" means "peanuts"!).... And so this was the best one this year.

UPDATE:
It has been brought to my attention by Zahi Haddad that the above ad is too close to Al Rifai's outing for the same occasion which I am posting below:
"I'd like to thank you for loving me since I was this small" (the line in Arabic says the same). I still think that conceptually, copy-wise, and visually Castania wins by far.
Zahi's concern is that the ad for Castania is a rip off since both refer to peanuts and being small. Legitimate concern but I still think that Castania has won by a mile over everyone else this year.

No comments: