Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Nescafe steals from Soapkills

"Min yawm ma cheftak, chifti 3a cheftak" - brilliant, genius, wonderful. Ok, and stolen too. Blatantly stolen.
Let's first explain the gimmick - "cheftak" means both "I saw you" and "your lip" - so the meaning is "from the day I "cheftak" (saw you), my lip is on "cheftak" (your lip)".
Which is the exact same lyric from the song Cheftak by Soapkills credited to Walid Sadek, Rabih Mroue and Soapkills - Yasmine Hamdan and Zeid Hamdan (Yasmine is now known as Y.A.S. and Zeid has gone to become Zeid and the Wings). The lyrics specifically are: Cheftak 3a chefta, cheftak kachaftak ("Cheftak" (your lip) on her lip, "Cheftak" (I saw you) I unmasked you).
So to recap:
 "From the day I "cheftak" (saw you), my lip is on "cheftak" (your lip)". (Nescafe)
"Cheftak" (your lip) on her lip, "Cheftak" (I saw you) I unmasked you." (Soapkills)
Now please tell me I am not seeing double here!
Post a Comment