Friday, August 9, 2013

Kalimat Magazine refreshing greeting

Source: Kalimat Magazine

Leave it to Kalimat Magazine to do something original! Like every year, any person on the mailing list of any institution or organization from the Arab world or connected to it, I get a plethora of greeting cards for whatever occasion (regardless if it concerns me or not religiously speaking!). And - lo and behold - the arabesque-galore, the MS inspired clipart motifs, and on and on it goes. Which is why, with its pop outtake on things Kalimat once more brings a refreshing twist to a stale process. For once, being a sheep is cool :)

UPDATE: In a personal correspondence with Danah Abdulla (creative director + editor of Kalimat) she told me this is the second year running they use it (I guess I was not on the list last year). Which is even a more laudable thing - if it ain't broke, don't fix it! (a lot of companies update products that don't need updating!)

No comments: