Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Three on the go.

Dolce Farfalla The bald and the beautiful - Dolce Farfalla is sticking with cancer patients while emphaszing how stylish it is to be different out of solidarity. I have no idea what prompted the move or if we are in some cancer awareness month, but the initiative is laudable for sure.
And on a totally unrelated note, there was this interesting one too:
I am truly impressed with that one! The words "offer" in English and "awfar" (or the most cost-efficient) in Arabic. Even they found a calligraphic way to make them stick together trying to "arabize" the latin version with what we call "haraket" (or small additions to indicate spoken sounds). And the best surprise? This is Spinney's... Go figure!
And this one gets on my nerves! "Every night... leave it to your imagination" courtesy of Xplosiv energy drink. Whomever comes up with this should leave his imagination aside. It is demeaning for women and for the population at large to see such stereotypes in full view. No class, just crass!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with this stupid habit of using semi-naked women in lebanese adverts? I'm starting to think there's a serious lack in creativity.

Tarek Chemaly said...

"Starting to think"? You are too kind!

Anonymous said...

I have been out of the Lebanese scene for a while, but every once in a while I see people posting these idiotic adverts. At first I thought it was random, now I know it's not. الإنسان رخيص بلبنان
والمرا أرخص
I feel I am about to digress into something else, so I'll just leave it at that...