Saturday, March 30, 2013

COMFU - they kick a**!



I know I am criticized for not giving praise often enough, but sadly it seems it is a tall order to ask professionals to act professionally, which brings us to today's discovery: Comfu.... Are you comfu-sed? Well fear not - our intrepid heroes have come up with what must be the best killer name I have seen for a while!
Had I had that in my class I'd be over the moon - everything about this brand identity works. The name of course - yes, I know I will get feedback of "duh!" but you know the beauty is that it is such an approachable name and yet no one came up with it before. In addition, the whole imagery which is a mix of "Karate Kid" (way before their time) and "Ninja turtles" (which probably they grew to considering their ages!) works perfectly. The story of FU on the website is not to be missed! And the selling line "ultimate warriors of the web" only adds to a perfectly coherent positioning... I have met the guys (or some of them) and whereas there was no Karate chops or anything, I still thought they kick a**!

12 comments:

Jay said...

Hey Tarek, I'm not sure if you realize how subjective you are in this post...

Tarek Chemaly said...

News flash, of course I am subjective. Objectivity does not exist! So - what's the fuss?

Ralph Aoun said...

Our young team of Ninjas was ecstatic to read what you wrote about COM FU!

Creating an identity and a culture that would make a difference in the Lebanese society was our main Mission from the start and being appreciated by a professional Blog such as yours gives us a big emotional power up to keep on working hard and giving more.

We hope you will get the chance to visit our Dojo in Kaslik soon so we can introduce you to the rest of the team.

See you soon Sensei Tarek!

Tarek Chemaly said...

Well, as long as you not serving sushi it's fine by me!.... Will drop by at some point :)

EsteemedAdCritic said...

I really love the name and the logo!

EsteemedAdCritic said...

I really love the name and the logo!

Tarek Chemaly said...

Me too, but I did get some weird criticism from "Jay" saying I am "subjective"... No clue what that means!

Unknown said...

They deserve it indeed! :)
I know who's the copywriter behind the name btw ;)

Tarek Chemaly said...

So spill the beans! :) Who is it?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

And u happen to know the designer too ;) :p

Tarek Chemaly said...

Hmmm.. YOU?