Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The duck, the politician, his chicken & her mall

"Soon you'll be walking this duck in the mall"... I saw this as an ad for an upcoming store at City Mall. But what if I told you that it was done before? Karine Wehbe heard it from three different sources, me, from just one. But the story is the same, a dead chicken chained to a (live) woman who heself was chained to a man at Espace2000 during the height of the punk movement. Now, if you really want to hear something very, very - ahem - strange about chicken and punks, I can tell you (and this from various sources!) that one of our most "respected" politicians (I know it's an oxymoron but stick with me) used to be nicknamed "Abou Djeje" (Abou is "father of" and "djeje" is chicken) because he would bring his pet chicken with his wherever he went (the rest of the story has it that, in pure punk mode, he would wear torn denim). For fear of a diffamation lawsuit, I shall not name that person, but oh you'd be surprised who it is!
PS: Apparently the titles of my posts are confusing people, just out of clarification this one refers to the movie "the cook, the thief, his wife & her lover" (fa iktada al tafsir).

No comments: