Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cruising down....

 Adicto seems to describe the feeling of eating it "as undescribable".... It is so intense words failed the copywriter....
Isn't it nice to know that Aishti is now selling "mini-me"s as spare parts - can come particularly handy for those who chopped bits and pieces of them during plastic surgery or liposuction to fit into the clothes Aishti actually sells... Think about it, it makes sense.
Azzi nuts, shaken not stirred or rather "roasted not fried"... But did they have to ruin it with the silly rhyme of "Azzi, so7a w lezzi" (or Azzi, health and taste)?...
 Now here's an ad that sucks to a product which has a 5Star name... I kid you not, whomever came up with BarmiQ (which is a fusion of barmi or rotation and Barbecue) would have scored an easy 90 on my product naming session in Arabic copywriting.
Meet the people who write Al Joumhouriyya newspaper with their pens... How backwards, I thought by now everyone had dropped "pens" in favor of keyboards, tablets, voice-recognition... A flop when it comes to creating emotional response with potential clients or readers.
 Tanmia poultry, having won the Product of the year (yawn... I still do not buy that appellation!) came up with a very, very cute one: Kelkon zawk, which in Arabic means "oh you shouldn't have" but literally doubles as "you are so full of taste"...
I wish I had a better camera - Beirut Drive By where are you when needed? - because the Harley Davidson shadow of the bike does not show very well from the distance, angle, light and lack of talent with which I took this photo. And yet I like it a lot...

No comments: