Friday, June 3, 2011

I haaate it!

Photo credit: Beirut drive by shooting.

OK, it is official - I hate any campaign that has Fadi Raidy in it. His characters, Fadia el Cherre2a, Pippo, Abou Raymond have grown stale and uninteresting, and his mere presence is enough to overshadow the idea or concept in the first place so that any ad he figures in becomes "that ad that Fadi Raidy is in" rather than the brand itself. This also applies to Teta Latifeh and to a lesser extent to Liliane Nemri. All these people became linked to too many brands and seen in too many ads and as the french say "si c'est pour tout le monde, c'est pour personne" (if it is for everyone, it is for no one in particular)....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would agree with you before, but not this time, as before this ad no one ever heard of cornelli, and after this ad most people tried it and i believe thats a criteria of success of an ad.
Now i believe that you just hate Fadi for some hidden reason :)

Tarek Chemaly said...

No one heard of Cornelli before?... You mean the huge campaign they did last year had zero effectivenesss? Also, if people are MORE aware of Cornelli this year, it will be "the ice cream with Fadi Raidy in it"... OK, and for the millionth time, I have no vandetta against anyone - not Sami Saad, not Fadi Raidy, not Teta Latifeh... I am just a reasonable man trying to analyze ads.

MAYA METNI said...

I agree totally on Sami and Teta (hek let's start a vendetta!) but somehow JayJay reminds me of my cousins abroad: Fady does really catch the mimics of the caricatures he impersonates...
even if he's not subtle!

Unknown said...

I post comments on your great blog only when i disagree LOL.Swear to God I likkke it :O)

Darine said...

I disliked the ads as well Tarek, while the Tv spots are a bit more entertaining than other the radio and billboards are horrendous and promote the actor more than the product.