Thursday, March 17, 2011

Because I'm your mother and I said so.....











So you think picking a gift for Mothers' day (Sorry this is how I spell it, not "mothers day" nor "mother's day").... Well, the ad agencies and brands are here to help you. Frankly, I was tempted to analyze each one of them... But they are too boring and too unoriginal.
However, only the last two are stand outs. Spinneys is reminding everyone (presumably, a mother!) that the last day for accumulating their Pyrex points is on March 21... Coinciding with Mothers' day. Naturally, points can be exchanged for some free shopping timely with the right due date! Smart.
But the winner, hands down is Kunhadi.... "A mother is supposed to receive flowers" (not put them on some casket)... The photo implies a grieving mother with a single flower to offer her dead offspring. "Drive responsibly this mother's day"... Really, a winner!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have to agree with you, the majority of the ads displayed to do with MD are the usual sappy messages that get lost in this billboard-mad country. But the Kunhadi idea was a stroke of brilliance, in my opinion. M&C Saatchi's work, if I'm not mistaken. Those guys sure know how to cross a line with pizzazz...
In any case, thanks for another great post.

Danielle said...

ehhh..so so. Do people usually drive recklessly on Mothers' Day? I don't see the correlation. Nice thought..but I think it could've stood alone without being run on Mothers' Day.