Friday, April 3, 2009

Al mustaqbal: The full monty

As commented before, this is the first outing mediatically of the Future Movement, the result is philosophical to say the least. "The future is promising for sure," "the future is where you spend the rest of your life," "to know the future you have to make it," and "the present only exists as a function of the future." Interestingly, in the north of Lebanon - another fan base of Al Mustaqbal - there are other two ads "time was asked: where you are going? To see my future he replied," (Sa2alou lal zaman lawayn raye7, allon raye7 chouf moustaqbali) in addition to "roll up your sleeves and build the future" (Chammer a3an znoudak w inbi el mustaqbal)

1 comment:

Augusto Scarella said...

I tried tu understand the whole article but I couldn´t. Philosophy perhaps? Deep thinking? Is that a political party?
I used to read you but this time I cannot really understand but I want to.