Wednesday, December 31, 2008

La crise? Quelle crise?

No one better that French director Patrick Barberis to capture the irony of the moment. Apart from his brilliant wit and trained eye, Patrick is a wonderful director - his series on the history of Communism, on Roman Karmen, on Journalists in Vietnam or on the year '68 in the world all over, make you understand how brilliant he is, and how much he understands the concept of memory. As a matter of fact, it was Patrick who pointed something very obvious in my artworks which I had not previously understood, of how much, through my visual work, I was simply trying to recapture my own "A la recherche du temps perdu" to quote Proust. Calling such an incredible human being a friend is a privilege - if only he smoked less, for his own health and our convenience :) ....

No comments: